Our Community Relations program has the most far-reaching positive impact on all of our member associations in the Northeast. View Map of HARBEL Communities
Comprised of all of our 80+ constituent organizations, HARBEL's Community Relations program provides a variety of services for our members:
• liaison between government and residents
• forums on a variety of topics through which our members become informed about current pertinent issues
• monitor the docket of the zoning and liquor board for neighborhood impact
• develop testimony for members when necessary
• sponsor the NorthEast Citizens Patrol
• strengthen local businesses
• assist commercial revitalization efforts
• maintain ability to develop new community programs
• serve as fiscal agent for grant-seeking neighborhood groups
• provide advocacy and referral services
• spearhead special activities and events
• mentor upcoming community leaders
• develop community forums for issues of concern
Struggling with Uncomfortable Drafts or High BGE Bills?
Retrofit Baltimore and Maryland Energy Administration offers subsidize cost.
Community Relations is on-going throughout the year and continues to impact our many communities in all their doings. To volunteer for the NorthEast Citizens Patrol and help make your neighborhood safer, please contact the president of your community association. To volunteer for one of our other programs or learn how you can get involved in your community association, please call our office at 410.444.2100. Download HARBEL membership application.